Sunday 14 October 2012

Crystal balls

I'm thinking of buying a boat to explore England's inland waterways.  Not a little plastic tub, not a gin palace, but an English narrow-boat.  Most of them are 6 feet 10 inches wide, and they tend to be up to 70 feet long.

I went to look at two of them today and I haven't really decided whether to pursue either.  But in the search I came across some great people and this sign on a boat neighbouring one that I was viewing.  It made me smile.

Eerily inaccurate crustal-ball readings - narrowboat, narrow-boat, England, canals, Kennet and Avon.
Eerily inaccurate crustal-ball readings

Or maybe they really live up to their claim!

I could do with some way to see the future.

2 comments:

ARIADNE KORDA said...

Have you read the Narrow Dog books? If not, worth reading

The first one is here
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Narrow-Dog-Carcassonne-Terry-Darlington/dp/0553816691/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1203975821&sr=8-2

Plasma Engineer said...

Thanks and an enthusiastic 'welcome back' to one of my original readers who has been quiet recently.

That's a good suggestion that I had forgotten about. I think I might have read them years ago and must look for them again.